dwgwpd home
dec home > dwgwpd home > property owners > regional offices > permits

Regional Office Permits


Apply Online
Wastewater System & Potable Water Supply permits can be completed and submitted online using DEC's secure permit application submittal system at http://www.securevtanr.com. Our eDEC system allows you to fill out the application form online, upload any necessary supporting documents (e.g. project plans), and pay the application fee. For additional information related to online application submittal, please see the Online Application Submittal Instructions and visit our Frequently Asked Questions page. If you will be submitting supporting materials using the file upload feature in this system, please review the Instructions for Submitting Electronic Supporting Materials before uploading any files.

PDF Application Forms
Fillable PDF Application Form - This application form is designed to be filled out electronically (using Adobe Reader 8 or higher).
Handwritten PDF Application Form - This application form is designed to be printed and then completed by hand.

Application Form Instructions
Instructions for completing the Wastewater System & Potable Water Supply permit application form. Specific questions about your project should be addressed to the staff person in the regional office where your project is located.

Notification Forms and Instructions

Notification Requirements - Proposed projects may need to provide notification to adjacent property owners when the water supply or wastewater system overshadows onto property not owned by the applicant. Some applicants may be subject to Notification Requirements


Exemption Forms for Construction of a Replacement Well that serves only one Single Family Residence on its own Individual Lot:


Fee Chart for Wastewater Systems and Potable Water Supply Permit Applications under 10 V.S.A. Chapter 64: Fees Effective July 1, 2015.
NOTE: Applicants may also need to reference Water Supply Division fee information.


Water Source Protection Area (SPA) maps for public community water systems.

Some water treatment systems are exempt -- link to statutory language  Effective June 4, 2010.



drinkingwater.vermont.gov   groundwater.vermont.gov   septic.vermont.gov wastewater.vermont.gov
VT DEC Drinking Water and Groundwater Protection Division 1 National Life Drive, Main Building, 2nd Floor  Montpelier, VT  05620-3521
Telephone 802-828-1535    Fax: 802-828-1541


State of Vermont Agencies & Depts.     Access Government 24/7     About Vermont.Gov     Privacy Policy

A Vermont Government Website Copyright 2004 State of Vermont - All rights reserved